
The first thing we have done is started to write down ideas for a documentary down on paper and discuss the different methods and genre we should use. I came up with an idea of making a series of short documentaries each with a different genre, so that we decide which one we thinks works best and ultimately which style we will use for our main task.
We came up with ideas for the mini documentaries, one being observatory, one mockumentary and one reality.
I decided to make a very quick mockumentary to try out camera angles, shots and voiceovers and so I made up a story and filmed around school. The mockumentary is about a boy who carries information around in a tube, but no one knows what the information is. We used one of our friends as an actor and then followed him round in an [poetic] style.
Here is the video:
[Insert video]
I enjoyed making a mockumentary as the ideas you can use are endless and its very fun to film and edit. I especially like the song choice that we had in this (chosen by Ellen) as it reflects the comedy of the situation and changes the atmosphere well. Although we literally took 1 hour to film it I think it showed us a lot about the methods of creating a documentary such as when following a subject around a hand held shot can often be very shaky and the audio when recording on location can be very quiet from all the background noise.
No comments:
Post a Comment