As part of our mini documentaries we said we would film an observational style film, and so we came up with many ideas as a group such as bullying or following a famous person in school, but in the end we decided to film the journey of a pregnant schoolgirl around school. We chose our actor Rachel Coburn and came up with ideas of how we'd shoot it.
Here is our observation documentary, 'Underage and Pregnant: Rachel's Story':
[Insert video]
I liked this genre as I found it interesting to follow a subject around and allow them to tell their story; I feel that if we picked an interesting topic for our main task we could create an emotional yet interesting documentary. I have found through research and my hands on practical work that observational documentaries often have an emotional side which the public can relate to. I also found that it was engaging, fun to make and interesting for our audience. However I do feel as though we could get more involved within the documentary through presenting and more voiceovers.
Wednesday, 15 September 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment